Friday, March 25, 2011

The Sorting Hat

Yesterday Cik Tengku Farah gave everyone a surprise. It was more of a scare, in my opinion, I don't know what the others think.


So, Cik Tengku Farah held a meeting with all KI students. We thought it was just going to be one of those not-so-important briefings. Allowances not banked in, documents not completed, bla bla... Some did not even attend this briefing, most were not paying attention.

But we were clearly caught off guard.

She stood on the rostrum like how she did in every other briefing she had with us, hands clutching a few pieces of nondescript papers, cleared her throat, and started.

Cik Tengku: Hari ini saya nak announce placement kamu semua.

Everyone: *Gasps in disbelief, cogs in our brains whirring, trying to make out what this means*

WHAT???!!!

All of a sudden, everyone realised what was going to happen, and were starting to panic.

Come on, we were just weeks into KI! And last year the seniors got their placement in May, and that was after several disappointing delays.

When the names were read out one by one, it seriously felt like being sorted by the Sorting Hat in Hogwarts. Only that this is not a fantasy, this is reality.

I don't know about the others, but my heart was beating like it was gonna explode in any second.

Finally my name was read out, and I got Manipal College of Dental Sciences (MCODS). Worth celebrating? I seriously don't know.

When the sorting was over, the excitement in DU was so intense it was palpable. Some were happy, some cried, so were busy asking questions, some close friends were embracing, but I was still in a daze. I still couldn't accept the fact that I'm gonna be separated from my current and previous housemates...

Please, Sorting Hat, please tell me you've made a correct verdict this time. One mistake and my future is doomed, I tell you, DOOMED....

1 comments:

LingDi said...

You're not doomed!
MCODS is the best college and you'll enjoy it.